Ashton Gardens Spotlight Profile: Samantha Muhn
Name: Samantha Muhn (Soon-to-be Garrigan)
Title: Wedding and Event Coordinator
1. What is your favorite wedding trend this year? Honestly I’m not a super trendy person, my favorite weddings are the ones that have very personal touches whether it be incorporating their animals/fur babies in their cake design or bringing a hobby they love into the décor elements.
2. What is your favorite wedding cake? From where and what flavor? I’m classic and simple when it comes to flavors. I’d go with a chocolate on top of chocolate or a clean vanilla from my wedding baker, Sweet Expressions, any day over something outrageous. Or Funfetti!
3. What is the most challenging part of your job? Making sure that reality meets expectation. I never want a Bride and Groom to be disappointed, so it’s very important to learn what matters the most to them and what makes for a perfect day in their eyes.
4. What are your hobbies outside of Ashton Gardens? Family! My soon-to-be husband and 3 children (2 fur, 1 human) keep me busy…as well as planning a wedding of my own! We also try to hit the bike trails when possible.
5. What is your favorite food to eat at Ashton Gardens? Lemongrass, Basil and Mint Rubbed Sea Bass with Sweet Coconut Jasmine Rice…to die for.
6. Talk about one of your favorite Best Man/ Maid of Honor speeches from a wedding you coordinated. I had a best man bring props and blown up photos of the groom to aid in his speech. It was pretty funny.