October 23, 2015
Ashton Gardens Spotlight Profile: Brittany Darlington
Name: Brittany Darlington
Title: Sales Associate
1. What brought you to Ashton Gardens? I had just graduated college and was working part time at another venue coordinating and sales but I needed a full time job. I really wanted to find a job close to home as I was commuting almost an hour each way. Ashton Gardens is close to home and was the perfect fit!
2. Buffet or table served reception? Buffet. It’s easier on the bride and it provides more food selections! I like to be able to get a little bit of each option if I want to.
3. If you could tell brides one thing during the sales process to help de-stress them, what would it be? Not to worry about all the smaller details right now. Linens, décor, etc. can be decided later. Don’t let the small details stress you out!
4. What is the most rewarding part of your job? I love to hear good reviews after their wedding has happened. It may have been a year since I originally met with the bride and groom but it is really rewarding to see how wonderful their special day was and I love when they e-mail me pictures afterwards!
5. Where is a dream vacation spot/ honeymoon spot? I’d love to take a European vacation, travel to Italy, Germany, France, etc. I love all of the history.
6. If there was one thing I could have changed about my wedding, it would have been _______? I had to hire a different vendor to provide almost everything. The venue itself did not provide anything aside from the space. It was a lot of different people to deal with!